Monday, April 7, 2008

First Entry

Hi Everyone
I thought that I would get with it and start a blog so family and friends could keep in touch. Our family is very busy and things are changing all the time.

Since I have not been the best at keeping in touch with everyone, I will give a brief update of the goings ons of the DeVine Family.





On August 28, 2004, Dan and I were married and combined our love of horses and the outdoors. Dan loves to hunt, fish, ride horse and spending time with family and friends. On August 6, 2005, Ivan Joseph DeVine joined our family. While on maturity leave, we purchased a house in Braham, put up fence for the horses, and moved all with a 8 week old infant. What a ride.


We have been in our house for 2.5 years and love it. I always wanted to have my horses our my back door and now they are. Currently, we have 6 horses - Catcher, Myrt, Brownie, Ruby, Reba, and Sydney, 5 dogs - Rodeo, Ranger, Cowboy, Chance, and Gus, 2 goats - Molly & Mable and 4 cats - Ellie May, Splash, Spook and Spot, and you never know what we will get next.



Ivan is growing so fast. He loves digger, dozers and tractors, and he has my love of animals. He was trilled when we bought him a pony, Sydney. He loves to feed her treats and go for rides. He also loves to play with the dogs and give them hugs and kisses. He talks about everything and can't wait for the summer so that he can go swimming and fishing.









Dan still works for Cemstone as a truck driver at the new East Bethel Plant. He enjoys the shorter drive and he is the #2 driver. Currently, the construction industry is off to a slow start but we are hopeful that things will pick up soon.

As for me, I am currently looking for a new job and I am looking forward to the warmer weather. I have big plan this summer which include: riding Catcher, training our young horses and training my agility dogs - Rodeo, Ranger and Cowboy. I have high hopes for Rodeo this summer as he already shows great promise in the agility ring.












I hope everyone has a great summer and God Bless.







1 comment:

Maria the Great said...

Jen, that is awesome! Love the blog and look forward to more entries.