Monday, April 14, 2008

Well, even though I am not working full time these days, my days are full. Dan and I have been looking for some calves to buy to raise our beef. On Tuesday, we drove out to look at some calves, and they also had 3 donkey that they wanted to sell. To make along story short, we bought the 3 donkeys and we decided to think about the calves. The donkeys are in good shape weight wise but they have not been handled or had any vet care. They are also very dirty since they had been living with beef cattle. We picked up our new family members on Thursday, just before the snow arrived. The first couple of days were rough with the snow storm and the wind, but nice weather has arrived. Ivan loves the donkeys and thanks me daily for buying them for him. I have not told him that we are only keeping 1 and trying to find homes for the other 2. I have been looking for a donkey since last fall since one of my horses does not play well with others and needed a companion, and somehow 3 donkeys now sit in my pasture. I believe that all God's creatures deserve a good home and hate when people do not provide that for him. Dan says that I would rescue anything if we could afford it, and I would. The donkey's names are: Nacho (gray), Burrito (brown), and Taco (spotted). Taco is going to be staying here to keep Catcher company after a quarantine period.

What I don't find to bring home!!






2 comments:

Rachel said...

Welcome to the blogging world Jen!!! Wow, you have an amazing array of animals!! You're very ambitious... your lil guy is adorable too.
:)
Rachel

Maria the Great said...

you're hilarious! I can totally see the look on Dan's face about you rescuing any animal.