Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Spring of 2008 is full of changes and surprises. Most of us are feeling the effects of the current economic situation, and our family is no different. Currently, I am not working but looking for a job, and Dan has only worked 4 days since Christmas. Things at our house have been tight but the Lord has provided. Dan has been working at a Dairy Farm that is owned by a friend to help make ends meets. When he comes home, Ivan asks "What that smell, Daddy? With Dan working long hours at the Dairy, Ivan and I get to spend time together playing outside, feeding animals, and watching his new favorite movies "Cars" and "Snow Buddies". I am grateful for the nice weather so that we can play outside.
Dan is also thinking about a career move. Things in the construction industry are slow and there are not guarantees in the concrete business so Dan has decided to apply to work at the Union Pacific Railroad. My Uncle Tom works for them and has been helping with the application process. This decision has been difficult for Dan since has been with Cemstone for 12 years, his father worked for them for more than 20 years, and his brother still works for them. I also worked for them for 5 yrs and my Dad still works for them. He has been torn about looking for a new job but has decided that it would be in the best interest of our family to begin exploring other opportunities. Please keep Dan and our family in your prayers during this process.
I am also looking for a new job. I am hoping to hear soon about several positions that I have applied for, until then I will continue with my weekend paper routes, selling hay and something new that I am going to try is offering dog training classes at my house. It would be nice to walk out the door and be at work!!
We pray for economic rest in our country, for the families with love ones in Irag, and for the families that have less than we do and that are losing their homes.

2 comments:

DeGaetano Dillies said...

Hey Jen! So good to see you on here. Looks like you have a busy and lovely life. I am not surprised in the least to see all the animals you have. Ivan is adorable. Donovan and I have 3 girls now and are very busy. Check out our blog. I will look forward to more entries from you. And I will pray for you guys as Dan and you look for new work!
Jill

Maria the Great said...

I'll be praying for you guys and the job searches.